End of the School Year

Hi!  I am so excited for this weekend.  We are off to Nashville to attend a reunion for our travel adoption group for when we adopted Ivy.  Some of the families in the group we haven't seen since we adopted her others of us liver closer to each other, so we have seen each other more frequently.  The kids are going to have so much fun.  Well, I better get packing; however, I wanted to post these photos from back in June.  I had forgotten to post them with all that we had going on back then.  In Germany, the kids have one teacher from Kindergarten until 4th grade and at the end of the 4th grade, it is a pretty big deal with lots of celebrating.  One night the kids all met up at the pool and had an informal party swimming and playing volleyball.  Another afternoon, the class contributed tiles to the snake mosaic out in the school playground.  The school had a big goodbye assembly for the children and then we also had a class BBQ where the students put on a play production for the parents.  I got a little teary eyed at the BBQ as I know we won't see many of these kids ever again and I got sentimental for the kids as this is a big step for them too as they are all moving on to different school paths.  It is hard to believe that Roman is in middle school now.  Thankfully, he had no problems jumping right back into school here in the states.















Comments

Have a wonderful trip! And I LOVE that mosaic! WOW!
Angie said…
I love Nashville. Thanks for sharing this retrospective. Your kids may not stay in touch with the kids they met at school in Germany, but the memories will last forever.
Veronica Lee said…
Such beautiful photos! Love the happy faces. And that mosaic is so cool!

Popular Posts