Zucchini Love

I am obsessed with zucchini right now.  It is seriously becoming one of my favorite vegetables.  The other night I made zucchini noodles and topped them with a marinara sauce and I wanted to lick the plate clean. I didn't lick the plate, but I sure wanted too.  I also made zucchini boats which is zucchini halved and scooped out just enough to create a well which is then stuffed with ground lamb, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and rosemary. Last weekend to welcome my husband home from his long work trip to Germany I made a chocolate zucchini cake.  It was a big hit even with the children. They had no idea that there was zucchini in it, and I am sure not going to tell them.  Have you tried chocolate zucchini cake?  It is a must!


Zucchini Cake
Preheat Oven to 350F.
Grease and flour a bundt pan or divided between two greased bread pans.
Then mix together:
1/2 cup of softened butter
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese
2 cups of sugar
along with 1/2 cup of milk, 2 eggs, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla
then add 2 cups of shredded zucchini.
In a separate bowl combine 1 cup of coco powder. 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 Tablespoon of baking powder, and 2 1/2 cups of flour.  Then add this mixture to the wet ingredients.  As a final touch add  1 cup of chocolate chips.  Bake anywhere between 30-50 minutes.  Should be dry when a tooth pick is inserted.  Enjoy!



Comments

Cascia Talbert said…
I love zucchini too. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
I love zucchini as well but never use it for cake. It looks yuum indeed
The Artful Diva said…
Looks delicious - thanks for the recipe

Popular Posts