Pumpkins 14













Yesterday, the day started off cold and raining.  After dropping Roman and Avery off at German school, Avery and I went to meet our friends at a local cafe.  It was so great to see Kevin and Stacy and wish Zoe had been with them.  It was wonderful to catch up on post China and how each of our families were adjusting to adding a new family member.  As we were leaving German school the sun began to come up and I knew that it was a pumpkin patch kind of day.  I mean October isn't October without a visit to the pumpkin patch. The kids had been begging me to go and while it is definitely much easier to pick up pumpkins at the local grocery store they wanted to go to the batch.  I love that the pumpkin patch is located close to the apple orchards too because as you check out you can get a glass of fresh squeezed apple cider.  So refreshing!  It was just Nana, the girls, and me as Winston had a soccer game, Harris had school work, and Roman just didn't want to go.  Everyone else had the same idea to go the the pumpkin patch as the place was wall to wall people.  It was also a little too hot and so once we choose our pumpkins we headed back to the city.  On our way home we stopped at a friend's sons going away/Court of Honor (Eagle Scout) party. It was a fantastic day.  Oh, and Friday night Roman and I went to see the Movie Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.  I heart this movie!  It is so funny and not over done in a way that is completely ridiculous.  You leave the movie with such a happy feeling in your heart as you see a family come together after a series of bad events occur to their family.  Well, we are off to church.  I hope you had a great weekend.  What did you do this weekend?   

Comments

Francesca said…
few things must be more fun for a photographer and a mom than to be at a pumpkin patch with her girls (and a camera :))!
Shauna said…
Kelleyn these pictures are perfect and precious. I adore them. I can't believe it's the middle of October. What am I doing? We have nothing Halloween yet!! I've got to get on it. For Pete's Sake!

OKay, I cannot wait to see this movie!! I saw the trailor in theaters and I knew it would be great. Glad all is well,

Shauna xoxoxox
Buckeroomama said…
These are such sweet images! I love the smile on her face as she's holding the pumpkin in that first pic.

Glad to hear that you love the movie as I'm planning to take the kids to see it as soon as it comes out here.
Unknown said…
Oh wow!!!! such a fun and colorful day! it sure looks like you had fun, specially your little one! Love her outfit, and your pictures are just awesome!
by the way, thanks for stopping by my blog!

Popular Posts