Cooking with Winston-Fruit Roll Ups

Super Healthy
Winston here! I had so much fun making these fruit roll-ups and they taste better than store bought. The recipe is super easy. My mom took a combination of a couple of recipes and made her own because she wanted less sugar.
Ingredients
2 pounds of fresh strawberries
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 splash of orange juice
What you need is a blender, a cooking pot, parchment paper, and two cookie sheet.
First, wash strawberries. Cut off tops and cut in half. Place 1/2 strawberries and sugar and juice in a blender. Puree. Then add the rest of the berries. Pour mixture into a cooking pot and bring to a boil. Stir often. The reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes until mixture thickens and can coat the back of a spoon. Cool for a few minutes and pour on to a parchment lined cookie sheets. With realistically make 1 1/2 cookie sheets. Cook in the oven at 175 degrees for 6-7 hours. It took us up to 7 hours because of the humidity. Fruit should not be sticky and slightly dry. Cut into strips and roll up. Storage I placed in a zip lock bag then in a Tupperware type container since it is summer here and it is humid. I think you could store for up to a week, but I don't think it will last you that long since they are so delish!
Thanks to blogs Been Lost Once and My Kugelhopf for the idea.

Comments

Jamie said…
I've always wanted to try homemade fruit roll-ups. Apple cinnamon were always my favourite, strawberry was a very close second. I'll have to try these!
YUM! THanks for the idea!

Popular Posts