Seattle Restaurants

Five weeks ago, I had the opportunity to make a quick trip to Seattle. While there I visited with old friends and walked the streets of where my husband and I met and fell in love. You could say I was taking a walk down memory lane. Our first son was born there. Seattle will always hold a special place in my heart, and I try to get back as often as I can. Seattle has some really amazing restaurants. The first is Rosita's Mexican Grill. The best time to go is around 5p just before it gets busy. It is a very popular restaurant and most nights is packed. However, by going for dinner you will have the opportunity to taste fresh hot tortillas. These are made on site by a lady who does nothing but make the tortillas. She will ask you, "Butter or Salsa." This restaurant is located in the Green Lake district of Seattle on Wood lawn street. The second restaurant is Tutta Bella a Neapolitan Pizzeria. Very family friendly and it's atmosphere is light and open. In the same way it is family friendly it is also sophisticated. The most important thing is that the food is delicious. The pizza takes me back to Italy. Not this thin American crust but a thin almost crispy crust covered in whatever topping you could think of. My favorite is the Pizza Bianco which is a white pizza meaning no red sauce. The pizza is covered with ricotta cheese and mozzarella. Doesn't sound good give it a try you will be surprised. I like mine with spinach added to it. So delicious!!!! The gelato is to die for too. My favorite is the pear gelato. I have never seen it anywhere else and if you like pears this is a reason in and of itself to go to Seattle. It is so hard to describe; however, it is the ultimate of pear essence. The other flavors are good too. My baby loves eating the baby mozzarella balls on the salad. They have several locations in Seattle. I also tried Wild Ginger an Asian restaurant this time. This restaurant is located in downtown Seattle. The food is not cheap but you pay for what you get. It is certainly not take out Chinese. I had the Seven Flavor Beef which is marinated beef that is so tender it melts in your mouth. The dish is served with white and brown rice. Dessert was coconut ice cream so yummy. My only complaint is that the atmosphere is a little dark if you are seated in the middle, so I would ask to be seated by one of their big picture windows. Fran's makes the best chocolates in my opinion that can rival any European chocolate maker. Hand dipped chocolates that come in a variety of flavors. At Easter they make the best coconut eggs, but year round they make the best Salt Carmel's. Try a Gold Bar! A mixture of Carmel and nuts covered in chocolate. Heaven on earth to me. There is a Fran's shop located in the University Village shopping plaza located on the back side towards Crate and Barrel.

April 20th, 2008 6 days to Go!
It is only 6 days until we leave on our adventure. Yesterday, we took the opportunity to do a web search of the town we will be living in. What is great now is that you can now see just about any city you want through satellites. Map search is just one link you can use. My children are so excited. They now know where the school is in location to our house. Where the closest movie theater is and even where we can find ice cream. The school that they will be going to even has a website, so they were able to get a look at the students, teacher and the school building. I think this even helped them not be so nervous about going. Anyway, the next time you go on a trip you might want to take a look at what is around the location where you will be staying so that when you get there you have an idea of where things are. Next time I write it will be from Europe. Yahoo!!!!!!

Comments

Amy said…
Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog! Nope, you aren't much older than me! I am 31 and yes, from Anchorage. I grew up there, but moved away when I went to college. How about you? Actually, I am a bit jealous that you are moving to Europe for afew months. It will definetly be different! Good luck!! I will check in to see what things you have done with your boys over there...
Amy said…
The last time I was up there was last summer. It was a blast! I never want to come back to reality!! I went to Service. So we were in the other stake. Who did you know from Service?!
Company EIGHT said…
You are making me HUNGRY!!!! I need to go to Seattle. :)

P.S. Dale and Julie just had their third baby...e-mail me and I'll tell you more about it!
Mel-o-drama said…
take me with you next time!!!

Popular Posts