Wieliczka Salt Mine

The Wieliczka Salt Mines have to be one of the coolest places I have been to as a tourist.  This little hidden gem is so worth the visit.  It is unlike any salt mine I have ever been to!  Prior to visiting the mine, I was concerned that the little kids would find it boring, but they loved it.  Now if you have trouble with steps this place might not be for you as there are over 800 steps to get the 135 meters underground the tour does require some amount of walking, but it is so worth it.  This was one of the perks of visiting friends in Krakow because I have never seen this place advertised on the internet or featured in a travel video.  The mine is a couple hundred years old and is just spectacular.  Everything is made of salt even the grand chandeliers featured in the underground chapel.  I can't praise this place enough.

















Comments

William Kendall said…
I know of this place. I remember a documentary that featured it.
italiafinlandia said…
Interesting! Thanks for sharing.
Natalie said…
Welcome to Weekend Coffee Share link up! I'm the host. I visited your profile to learn more about you but both links on the left side of your blog didn't work for me so I don't know your name. I hope you stop by my blog and a couple of other Coffee Sharers' blogs to say hello. Thank you for sharing your salt mine visit. I remember reading about it before. Looks like an interesting place.
Dearest Kelleyn,
It looks like you literally stepped back in an almost fairytale like world. Magical pictures and you are looking so happy!
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Mariette
Ela said…
I am really proud that we have such a wonderful place to visit, here in Poland!
Great photos !
Greetings

Popular Posts