Day 3 Springdale to Silina Kansas

Day 3 was essentially a travel day.  We began our day in Springdale, Arkansas.  My grandmother actually lived in Springdale when she was a young woman and this is where her mother died. We have some third and fourth cousins who live in Springdale and the surrounding area, but we didn't have time to meet with them. I wish I had planned some extra time into our schedule, but it just wasn't possible.  We did make it over to my great-grandmother's grave despite the crazy weather we had in the morning.  When we first walked out of the hotel, the heavens opened up the sky turned black and it rained for a good solid 30 minutes.  We were about to abandon our plan to go see her grave but as we drove over there the clouds disappeared and the sun came out.  I guess she wanted us to visit.  It really was pretty crazy.  We stopped in Oklahoma for lunch, but that is for another post.  The drive was uneventful for which we were very grateful.






Comments

William Kendall said…
My great grandmother is buried in a small town near the Dakota- Minnesota border.

Popular Posts