Day 3 Lunch in Oklanhoma

When planning out our trip, I saw that we would be crossing over the border into Oklahoma and the idea came to me to stop for lunch at the Pioneer Woman's restaurant called the Mercantile. If you don't know who the Pioneer Woman is her name is Ree Drummond and she has a TV show on the Food Network.  Her restaurant is located in Pawhuska, Oklahoma just a few miles away from the ranch she shares with her husband and children.  Ree started off as a food blogger and people just fell in love with her story.  Something about a city girl meeting a country boy resonated with people and she caught then caught the eye of the big Network.  If you shop at Walmart, then you probably have heard of her because she has cookware and clothing with her name associated with the items.  It takes a bit to get into the restaurant.  The decor was nice, but my dish wasn't that great.  Well, the mashed potatoes were amazing, but the fried pork chops I will pass on.  I like schnitzel better.  Just a personal preference.  The kids enjoyed their meal and we got cakes in the bakery.  My mom also liked her meal.  There isn't much to do in Pawhuska, so after walking through her store and checking out a few of the other local shops we continued on to our next destination.  I can now check that off my list of places traveled. 















Comments

Dearest Kelleyn,
Never heard of Ree Drummond...
Yep. on my trip out West I've stopped on the way back in Oklahoma City/Bricktown. Coming from Santa Fe.
So glad I made that trip last year!
Happy photo of your Mom!
Hugs,
Mariette
William Kendall said…
I had schnitzel for the first time some months back and found I didn't like it.

Popular Posts