What I Am Currently Watching

I know some of you have expressed that you no longer watch television, and for the most part, I agree there is so much junk out there, but this winter I have found myself watching probably a little more than I should.  I do a lot of reading, so if that is your cup of tea then stick around and I should have a few book reviews coming up in a future post.  Since this blog serves as an account of my daily life and the history of our family for future generations, it didn't seem right to not include this post.  

1) Alaska Daily:  The show centers around Eileen Fitzgerald a female journalist who loses her job due political climate in the network and finds herself taking a job up in Anchorage after being blacklisted.  Having grown up in Anchorage this show is fun to watch even though it was filmed in Canada.  Hilary Swank does a great job in her role as Eileen.  When Eileen makes it to Anchorage she discovers the death of a number of Native American women who for some reason or another do not get the coverage they deserve and therefore Eileen is on a mission to find out why not. This show premiered last fall and has been fun to watch.

2) Season 3 of Sanditon just came out!  Need I say more!  This is a PBS show but can be watched on Amazon.  If you liked movies like Sense and Sensibility or Emma then you will like this show.

3) Miss Scarlett and the Duke:  This is also a PBS series so you can also watch it on Amazon if you do not have Network TV which we no longer have anymore either.  This storyline is a detective series about a Young Woman Miss Scarlett who grew up learning the trade of being a private detective under the tutorage of her father who in his time was well known for his ability to solve a crime. After the passing of her father Miss Scarlett pursues becoming a private detective despite the challenges she faces being a woman in Victorian London.

4) The Good Nurse is based on a true story but is not a documentary.  Chilling is all I can say and thankful.  This show can be found on Netflix.

5) Season 5 of Formula 1:  This season was exciting for us to watch as my sons and husband traveled to the Texas venue back in October and while they are not captured on film it was still fun thinking there was a possibility of seeing them on Netflix.  I was not a fan prior to the series, but after watching the series it brings Formula 1 to life as you get to know the drivers and politics behind the races.  

6) From Scratch;  This Netflix Movie should have been worthy of the big screen.  I would have actually made money to see this in the theater it was so good though maybe a little long for the big screen.  So good if you love Romance stories.  This story was actually based on a true story that had been written in a book.  The story is about a young woman who is not satisfied with her life and travels to Italy to study art her real passion despite the disapproval of her father and while there falls in love.  The real story begins once she returns to the United States with her now-Italian husband.

Today was beautiful and I feel like spring has finally arrived in Georgia, so I will be trading my TV watching for more exploration and daily walks with my Polish neighbor who I just adore.  She is so sweet. I just got a new pair of tennis shoes called Hoka and walking in them is like walking on a cloud.  They are amazing and way worth the crazy amount of money I paid for them. My mom comes next week and she and I along with the girls will be heading to Florida.  Roman just got his first job at Chipolte and started taking Boxing Lessons and Frank has to stay back to finish up some cases he is working on which he is way past the deadline.  I am definitely ready for the vacation.  



Comments

William Kendall said…
By contrast, yesterday here was freezing rain.
Dearest Kelleyn,
No, I'm not watching anything on TV but have managed to read some of my historic novels that I always wanted to read again. Originally in French but translated in Dutch and also put into a movie (French).
Probably read them 50 years ago and I am so much enjoying them now.
With a lot less pain, I'm no longer nauseating and can actually concentrate on the reading.
Hugs,
Mariette

Popular Posts