Chemnitz

After leaving Geschwenda, it was already pretty late in the day due to construction on the autobahn, and it took us a lot longer to get to our destination.  We wanted to eat dinner in Geschwenda, but I couldn't find any restaurants.  We settled for Mcdonald's which the children were fine with anyway and we made our way on to Wymar.  It is too bad I didn't realize that Buchenwald was nearby when I was planning as I would have made sure we had time to visit or at least I would have visited while the children stayed with Winston.  Someday, I am sure we will go back.  The next morning after stopping at a bakery, we headed to the city of Chemnitz located about an hour and fifteen minutes east of Wymar.  Chemnitz was the second city where Winston served.  He served there from the end of September 2020 to the beginning of  January 2021 or around that time as I am not sure of his exact dates.  Chemnitz is a lot bigger than Geschwenda.  I wish that we had planned for more time there, but we need to be in Dresden by noon.  One of the well-known sights to visit is the giant bust of Karl Marx.  Apparently, it is the second-largest bust in the world.  We took some pictures with the bust, walked around the lake, and headed to Dresden.  






















Comments

Dearest Kelleyn,
Guess there is never enough time to do and see it all.
But you can accomplish that on your next summer trip over!
That is a huge bust indeed!
Hugs,
Mariette

Popular Posts