Dollywood





























Wow!  What a fun weekend!  I am so glad we decided to go to Dollywood at the last minute.  Pigeon Forge is a really a fun family destination to go to if you want to get away for the weekend. It is only 3 hours and 45 minutes from Atlanta. I hadn't planned on going away this past weekend, but then when two photoshoots canceled out on me I thought it was the perfect opportunity to get away.  While the park was busy it was very manageable and the kids had a blast.  One of my favorite memories of the weekend was the kids getting to meet some of Dolly Parton's family members. We thought they were just joking around, but they are really here family.  Then Addy wanted to be called AddLou because of Heidi Lou, who is Dolly's niece, and then even sweeter when the kids started singing her songs. The park really has something to offer for everyone.  Holding dear the memories of the kids swimming in the hotel pool and the car show across the street with all the beautiful old cars along with the perfect weather.

Comments

italiafinlandia said…
Nice to see smiling faces.
Have a great week!
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh what beautiful photos and the girls are lovely, thank you for visiting me and the kind words, I will enjoy following your journey,
Ginny Hartzler said…
Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. The pictures of your visit are really stunning! They have taken me on an adventure that I love, since I will likely never get to Dollywood. Where do you live? Are these your beautiful children? I love these cars, and the water wheel. I gather you are a professional photographer? I can really tell.
Arlene G said…
Thanks so much for dropping by Nanaland and leaving a comment. I went to school in Atlanta many moons ago and my husband is from Savannah but went to GA Tech. Our vacation home, Grimmwood is not too far from Dollywood. Lots of our family have year round passes as they enjoy it so much. Loved all the pictures and I would be happy to meet some of Dolly's family as well.
I have always loved that part of the country! Thanks for a fun post!
Ann said…
That looks like a really fun place to visit. Your photos are wonderful. Thanks for visiting my blog today. Always good to see new faces
Joanne said…
That does look like a fun day! I went to Dollywood when I was quite young and I remember seeing Dolly's sister perform!
Sandy said…
I love country music, so I would think the shows and music are great. We went to several cute shows when the kids were little in Pigeon Forge. IT was a good family vacation location.
William Kendall said…
It looks like you had fun!
Mandy said…
Dippin dots! Yum!!!

I've never been to Dollywood. Looks like you all had fun! :)
NanaHood said…
Those are the cutest little girls! Looks like you had a blast! I live in southern Kentucky so its not too far for me either! Have a great week and come visit Nanahood.com

Popular Posts