February

February

This week we made Stain glass heart cookies.  The center is made with melted candy.  I think the next time I make these I will just make them with jam because the boys ate around the center.  They said the center tasted like medicine.  They looked pretty though.


I made this valentines banner.  For someone who is not very crafty, I am pretty proud of it.  I have to admit it was pretty simple to make and took no more than 20 minutes.


Winston got his braces.  Poor thing can't eat.  It is going to take a few days for him to get used to the expander. 


The Queen holds court.  She has everyone wrapped around her finger.

Our hot cocoa days are numbered if it continues to be this warm.  I might be making Lemonade sooner than I think.


While the groundhog up north saw his shadow the groundhog for the south did not, so spring is on its way.  When Roman came home today and said he wanted groundhog cupcakes I was determined not to go to the store to buy additional ingredients.  I whipped up these cute little guys by using what I had in the pantry.  Isn't he cute?  I have to admit I broke my challenge for this little guy.  I couldn't resist.  Ugh!  I am going to get back on the horse tomorrow, and not eat sugar.  I am down 4 pounds. Yahoo! 

Well, I hope you have a great weekend.  We are off to the science museum to go to a function to kick off Congenital Heart Disease Awareness. 

Comments

Allison said…
Your cookie story made me chuckle... cute!

The banner looks great! I don't think I will be getting any Valentine's gifts this year. I can't really say that I miss the holiday. It was always such a miserable holiday when I was single, but now that I am married, I moved to a coutry where the holiday is not even that popular. hmpf!

Ohhh... I remember the days of braces... not pretty.

The "Queen" looks so cute... what is the "chair" she is stitting in? That would have been perfect for our little guy at that age.

No lemonade here for quite a while... groundhog or no groundhog, it's way to cold to think that spring is anywhere close by.

P.S. I sent you an e-mail with a few links for yellow & grey fabric!
Holly said…
The cupcakes are adorable- you are so creative- love it!
Company EIGHT said…
I love those groundhog cupcakes--I'm very impressed!
Love the banner so festive! Congrats on your 4 pounds that is awesome I wish I was dedicated to the cause...I just love candy too much right now!
Good luck to your big guy and braces...lots of jello and soft food and hopefully they gave him the wax!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Francesca said…
Jam in the center is definitely the way to go!
Happy weekend!
hey there :)

du hast ja auch einen neuen header! schick! gefällt mir auch. danke für den lieben kommentar. ich war ja wirklich lang nicht mehr hier.

gruß
dani
Di said…
The banner it great! And the Groundhog cupcake - adorable. Well done on the sugar banishment = so far I've banished coca cola....next is the cakes/biscuits/chocolate - well limit them anyway....
;) said…
Lovely month! Hearts everywhere.
Shauna said…
You are a sweet mommy-yes you can always get back on the "wagon" tomorrow. That cupcake is precious, as is your family. Take care,

Shauna
Emily said…
The cookie looks delicious! You'll have to let us know if the jam works better than the melted candy. And oh my goodness, that hot chocolate smile -- heart-melting!

Tell Winston we're wishing him good luck while he gets used to his new braces!
Holly said…
Love your valentine banner!!

Popular Posts