Through the eyes of a child the Aquarium "Cornerview"









Before I had children, I went to the places like the beach or Disneyland it definitely was a lot easier. There was no whining or crying. No worries of did I pack everything I need such as diapers or wipes. However, it just isn't the same as when you have children. There is a certain magic that children bring with them when going places. Even when they have been many times to a place they see things with a different set of eyes. They find joy in the littlest things. Yesterday, the boys went to the aquarium with Carolin. While I didn't get to go with them,  I was just as happy to hear about how much they enjoyed the aquarium and the new dolphin show. My suggestion is if you don't have a child then borrow one for the afternoon. You will not regret it because your day will be filled with magic.

Comments

Joyce said…
I am fortunate that my sisters and friends let me borrow their kids. Anything with water makes the inner child in me come out :-) xo
Beth said…
So true! My grandchildren have opened my eyes to a whole new world and they continue to.
I esp.like that last photo.
Theresa said…
Spoken like a true mama
Ayak said…
So true Kelleyn. I'm looking forward to times like these with my grandsons.
Francesca said…
I'd never been to the aquarium before having kids, and although I intensely dislike crowds, there's quite nothing like seeing your child enjoy immensely an experience.
nadine paduart said…
ha ha ha... borrow one for the afternoon... you make me laugh!! though for the magic, indeed, i wouldn't like to miss it...
i love aquariums, by the way... so do children's eyes, i've noticed recently. the group besieged me! ha!
n♥
Redeker said…
i don't need to have a child with me to look at the wonders of the fish world!!! because it is always great thing to do!! enjoy!
flowtops said…
We love aquariums! Top1 always tells lots of stories there (he is a walking encyclopedia), and though Top3 and Top4 do (pretend to) listen, I can tell their minds are racing with stories of their own, about the weird fish and otter sea creatures they see or fantasize about.
sophie said…
;-)
I already start to see that each step outside is a kind of little adventure with a toddler... not only for me-packing-everything but for him: WOW the bird! WOW the boot! WOW the truck!
Tzivia said…
I love aquariums. Although my own child is all grown up, I have child's eyes of my own when I look into those tanks!
patty said…
hello kelleyn!
i've been busying around your blog! i love to travel, too, but am also a SAHM. only recently, as mine are now teens, are we really able to take off! :)
congrats and your beautiful new baby! a girrl! i have 2 boys and finally, a girl, too! (that's how we felt!~)
xo
patty
Kelly said…
So true. Disneyland is much more fun, also.
tanïa said…
I'm still looking through child's eyes when I go to aquarium, zoo or fun park, I'm afraid! I'm still so full of "Ooohs" and "Aaahs" and "Wows"! ;oD
But you're right, lending children even intesifies these feelings. So glad my best friend got a baby now so I will practise being "auntie"! ;o))

Isn't that funny your son has the same t-shirt as my niece? The world we're on is quite a little one! ;o)
shayndel said…
Looks like a great time, and that they shared the experience with you as though you were there, really is `through a child`s eyes`!
Happy Love-filled Days!

Popular Posts