Before and After Cornerview




I have spent the morning racking my brain on what I should present for this weeks corner view challenge. Time is very limited these days with a brand new baby who thinks it is party time from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. I keep telling her she needs to change her ways, but she is a very disobedient baby. "Wink-Wink" I would have loved to show you my baby bump and post-baby tummy, but the baby couldn't wait to come to this world thus I never got any real baby pump photos. I thought I could show you what I look like with sleep and no sleep, but that is pretty scary. I could wait till Saturday when Winston gets home and do a before and after a photo shoot with my boys getting haircuts (boy do they need them). Then I remembered a mock dessert using bananas. You take as many bananas as you like. Freeze them and then throw them in the blender with a splash of milk or soy milk. Outcomes banana ice cream. Top with some chopped walnuts and a drizzle of chocolate syrup and wallah you have a low-calorie dessert that will not make your waistline grow. I don't know about you, but doesn't that sound perfect. I need to get back on the diet train if I ever want to fit back into my pants.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yummy! Looks and sounds delicious.
Beth said…
My neighbor freezes her bananas to use in smoothies, but I've yet to try it. I drink soy milk and well, this just sounds good. Simple, healthy, and easy on the figure. What more could you ask for?
I'm a grandmother but I remember many sleepless nights with my first child (a lot of no nap days on top of the no sleep nights). I just smile now when she talks of her child's sleep habits or rather lack of sleep habits.
Anyway, I can honestly say, it's worth it--all that comes with raising a child ---truly.
A yummy before-after! :) I read about your son and I´m glad he is ok now in the moment and wishing all the best to you!
If you like join this yummy bananshake with us on PicStory* - this week: self-made*. You are warmly invited :)
LG Tina
Lete said…
Mmm,, this is so yummy!
I see your a couple of weeks away from the delivery!
And don't worry, once she's born the extra kilos will go away.
nadine paduart said…
thank you for that most interesting tip! my bananas always go off a little (why the heck do i buy them???), so i know what to do with the ones close to dripping off the table as we speak... ;)))
haircuts alright? ;)
n♥
Cate said…
Oh yum! The perfect before and after for a new mama... How you are participating in CV at all is beyond me. Verrrry impressive!

Hope Little A starts listening to her mama, but she IS so little still. Love her up!
Mikko Tyllinen said…
Looks very beautiful! :)
francesca said…
making de sserts is a good way to fight some of that early baby fatigue. how's abby doing?
LindyLouMac said…
Good to meet you, I am just calling by to return your recent visit to News From Italy, hope to see you there again :)
This sounds delicious and quick to prepare. Congratulations on the recent birth of your daughter.
Emily said…
Yum! What a great idea! And with day after day of over-100 degree temperatures, I'm looking for new ways to stay cool! I love this Corner View! (Although sleep/no sleep idea sounds interesting, too...:))
jane said…
you crack me up! this looks delish- and so easy! thank you!
big hugs darlin!
Theresa said…
Yum!!
BTW gelato is a mere 1,80 for 2 scoops where we were! Bargain!! But I am not getting it as much as the kids. The pants thing you mentioned... :)
Love and blessings on your little one. Take it easy girl, it is a big adjustment to add another one, I remember all too well.
Heather said…
I am suddenly hungry...

Popular Posts