Homemade Bliss

Summer is the best
Here he comes
Whee!
Noodle Cannonball
Roman against the boys
Homemade Brotchen
Homemade Yogurt
Yogurt Orange Marmalade Cake

Today, we do not only remember my ancestors who have served in the American revolution but my cousin Jimmy Haws who served with the Marines and was killed on the first day of Desert Storm. There are many brave men out there who have served and protected our country so that we can live in freedom. We can never take this for granted. Today is also a special date for it marks the second anniversary of our son Roman's open heart surgery and repair of his heart. We are grateful for those men who pioneered the way into heart surgery when everyone thought that it could not be done and should not be done. I am forever grateful for without this advance I would not have my son. On another note, we did not let the scattered storms of the day stop our fun. The boys enjoyed playing at the pool. There is nothing like the smell of boys covered in sunscreen, picnics on the back deck, children covered in sticky ice cream, sunshine until 9p, going to the beach and building sandcastles in the sand, sleeping a little later each day, and not having to fight over getting homework done. We enjoyed a breakfast of homemade bread rolls. That is right, I made these rolls myself from scratch! I found the recipe off the Internet on this following site http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/. I also made homemade yogurt it is really simple and is very cost effective. Then I found a recipe for this yummy yogurt cake and found the recipe off of another blog called Pioneer Woman http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/07/yogurt-marmalade-cake-to-die-for/ . In the evening we sat off the back deck and enjoyed cheeseburgers, broccoli slaw, fruit salad with Oma Ute and Opa Thijs.

Comments

Popular Posts