Sunrise in Cappadocia

We left off with me being sick and spending the day resting at the hotel.  The next morning, Frank and I got up at sunrise to see the hot air balloons fly over the hotel.  In or out of the balloon, the balloons are just magical.  After watching the balloon and the sunrise for a better part of an hour it was time to get dressed, eat breakfast and go.  We needed to get back to Germany because we had a wedding for Maria the next day in Bavaria, a 6-hour drive from our apartment in Butzbach.  We had the same driver pick us up from the hotel as the one who had picked us up. He was so nice and fun to talk to.  We had some time in the Istanbul airport before catching our flight to Frankfurt.  Frank and I grabbed some sandwiches and did some shopping, but in the end, didn't buy anything.  We arrived in Frankfurt a little delayed and our driver back to the parking lot was delayed, so we barely got back to Butzbach before the stores closed for the evening.  I needed to pick up some things that I wanted to take home with me such as jam and candy for the kids.  Turkey was lovely. I would totally recommend visiting Istanbul or Cappadocia. 














Comments

Barbara Rogers said…
Oh that's great that you got to see balloons over Cappadocia! Great car, and glad the driver was friendly! Good choice. Enjoy the wedding!

Popular Posts