Worth Reading



I am not doing as well as I would like with my book reading goals. It just seems like there is so much to do and not enough time to do it, so reading gets put on the back burner.  I am hoping summer will allow me to read a little more.  Recently, I finished reading the book Pachinko.  It was recommended to me by my husband who is on an I love all things Asian kick right now.  It is a historical fiction that covers the time period 1910-1989 in Korea and Japan.  My husband loved the book.  I enjoyed reading it though found the ending a little depressing.  When I mentioned it to my husband he said, " I liked it because the book wasn't cookie cutter and it showed the persistence of the human spirit."  I have to give him that.  The storyline is believable and well thought out.  I did learn a lot about Korean and Japanese culture.  

I also just finished reading People You Meet on Vacation which was a fun easy vacation read. I won't say too much about this story or I will give it away; however, the story is about two friends who meet at college during their freshman year and post-college meet up every summer to travel.  

Well, I need to run. We have a busy weekend ahead of us. Roman has to work, Addy has a lacrosse game, my mom is still here visiting, and we are going to watch a friend's daughter dance. I hope you have a great weekend.  

Comments

William Kendall said…
Very different subjects.

Popular Posts