Wiesbaden and a Pool with a View






 I can't believe I am so behind on my posting.  I mean what else do I have to do?  I am just joking.  Honestly, our days are jam-packed and we are making each day count.  A few weeks ago, shortly after we got here, we drove to Wiesbaden to hang with my friend from growing up in Alaska Lorraine. Lorraine's husband works for the Army Corp of Engineers and so they have been living here in Germany for the past couple of years.  I was actually really good friends with her older sister Amy.  Sadly, Amy passed away three years ago when her car was struck by a teenager driving way beyond the speed limit.  It really shook me as Amy is one of the first of my friends in my age group to pass away.  The day we visited Lorraine we went to the Opal Swim Pool located in the hills above the city.  The pool has such a lovely view of the city.  The girls had fun playing with her 15-year-old son Dawson. Dawson was such a good sport.  The day was perfect!


Comments

Popular Posts