Mexico

I want to say 8 years ago when our family's journey to learning how to scuba dive began.  The boys were in the Boy Scouts at the time and they were looking for something to do for their once-a-year big trip.  Some troops may go to New Mexico to a camp there or some may go as far as Canada to go hiking.  The adventures are usually 4-5 days long.  Anyway, one dad suggested that our troop go to Sea Base which is in Florida around the Key Largo area.  Dad's had the opportunity to go with their sons if they wanted and so Frank learned how to Scuba Dive.  Harris and Frank had a fantastic time.  Winston learned how to scuba dive and now that Roman has been given the ok, he will probably learn how to dive in the next year or tour.  Addy can't wait.  I never learned and to be honest, I don't think I want to learn.  The idea of being 60-100 feet below the water kind of freaks me out. I have been 13 feet and that is enough for me.  In October Frank flew to Cozumel and stayed for 10 days at an all-inclusive resort where he spent 7 of those days diving.  He lost a day due to getting a stomach bug.  Frank had a wonderful time.  While he was there he dived the caves at Dos Ojos Cenote.  






Comments

William Kendall said…
I think cave diving is where I would draw the line.
Dearest Kelleyn,
That sounds like a wonderful opportunity and an adventurous way of being in the water.
Only my younger brother did a lot of scuba diving in his younger years but due to the very high cost, he had to give up on it. He always went to Spain, to one of its islands...
Cozumel is a great option and not too far away!
Hugs,
Mariette

Popular Posts