Porto Part 2












 


It really is hard to compare one city in Portugal to the next because it would be like comparing Apples to Oranges both are lovely but both are different.  I really liked Porto!  We spent two nights in Porto!  The first night we arrived around 5 pm and due to the rain, we made an early night at the hotel eating dinner at the hotel restaurant.  Then we watched a movie.  Porto has a lovely waterfront area!  The architecture is so so lovely. I would probably spend every day at the waterfront if I lived there or at least in my fantasy world. After getting to the waterfront, we took a water taxi for 3 Euros across the river and ate lunch at a lovely food market.  There are lots of food choices along the waterfront, and I am sure they are really good.  My friend choose the famous Francesinha which I showed in the food post.  It was really good and I choose a prosciutto panini with arugula.  Sadly, our day as I mentioned before was cut short due to torrential rains.  We tried to wait it out, but after a half-hour, we gave up and caught a taxi to the hotel.

Comments

Dearest Kelleyn,
One could tell from your photos that the sky looked highly 'pregnant' with lots of rain!
Too bad but that happens and it always affects our once-in-a-lifetime visits.
But good to hear you enjoyed your limited time there.
Hugs,
Mariette
Barbara Rogers said…
What a beautiful city. So glad you got a brief experience of it, though that's too bad about the weather. I've only visited Lisbon, but agree, different cities have different flavors!

Popular Posts