Fall Break

We interrupt these Portugal posts to take a minute and post about Fall Break.  It is taking me a lot longer to get all the posts on Portugal out because I am just so stinking busy right now.  The children are engaged in so many activities these days that my afternoons are completely booked and we have been spending the mornings getting caught up on dentist visits, doctor visits, and so on that it is just hard to find a free moment.  I actually spent this morning folding laundry and taking care of some business in regard to my father's estate.  I have to say I was a little surprised to get a letter from the state asking for 20k against my father's estate; however, I won't have to pay that because he was basically indigent.  He had no money left.  I guess the surprise came in from the fact that I thought we had proven that when we admitted him to the retirement/care facility.  Anyways, that just adds one more thing for me to do as I chase down all the records to prove that.  

When I got back from Portugal, it was fall break for my children.  My mom flew in from Seattle to spend my birthday with me, to celebrate Avery's birthday with her, and to go with us to Florida.  Our neighbors spent the week with us as well.  Roman and Frank stayed home.  I just realized that we have no pictures of Avery with her birthday cake.  That is kind of sad.  She turned 10 on the 19th.  I can't believe it is going on for almost 8 years since we went over to pick her up from China.  

I arrived home on Friday evening and once the girls finished soccer practice we packed up the car and drove to Florida stopping overnight in Valdosta given how late we left.  The week was wonderful!  We watched movies, we relaxed by the pool,  we went to dinner one night and we spent the day at Universal Studios.  It was really relaxing.  Universal was nice because it wasn't that full, so we were able to walk on most of the rides; however, by 3 p.m. it was roasting in the high 90's and who knows what the humidity was, but we booked it back to the resort around 4 p.m. and took a dip in the pool before eating dinner. We couldn't have asked for a better week.























Comments

Dearest Kelleyn,
Hope you found all the needed documents for evading this nasty estate tax...
Glad you made it to Universal Studios and the girls appear to have had a wonderful time with you.
Hugs,
Mariette

Popular Posts