Senckenberg Museum

 Hello!  I am just trying to wrap up the last of my German photos.  I think I have maybe one more post after this and then I can start posting photos from the last couple of weeks of being home.  Right before we came home, we spent the day touring the Seckenburg Museum.  My husband has always wanted to go since he was a little kid.  I had been with the children a few years ago, but Frank had never been.  When we go there we split up into two different groups.  Avery, Ivy, and I were in one group, and Frank, Addy, and Ivy were in the other group.  This way we could move around the museum according to the needs of the age group.  The assumption was that the little girls would maybe not have as much attention span as the other children. I was actually surprised at how well the girls did.  The exception was one room that was just walls of dead preserved bugs which just totally creeped out Avery.  One of the cool things we were able to see was the actual excavation work. Blocks of soil were moved to the museum from current work sights and the scientist with their tools and brushes would gently remove what they found in the soil.  When they found something they would then show it to us.  I guess growing up in North America I had only really thought about Dinosaurs being in places like Utah, Wyoming, Montana, and such; however, Europe has an equal history with Dinosaurs. It was pretty cool.  After the visit to the museum, Frank and Romand ran to a comic book story and the girls and I got dinner at the Skyline Mall.  I was also able to get some back-to-school outfits for the girls. It was a great day!














Comments

italiafinlandia said…
It was certainly worth a visit! Amazing!
Dearest Kelleyn,
So glad that your husband finally made it there; one generation later but history and geology remain forever. It is interesting to see the development from life on earth.
Hugs,
Mariette
William Kendall said…
Kids will always appreciate dinosaurs.

Popular Posts