Splendid




Isn't this tree just splendid? The past couple days I have been blessed with the opportunity to watch the leaves turn from green to this wonderful orange red.  I hope the leaves will still be on the tree come Thanksgiving.  We have a full house this year.  My husband invited a bunch of colleges from his work to share thanksgiving with us, and am a little nervous about the whole thing because 6 kids is a lot for people to handle; especially, when they don't have children of their own.  Thankfully, I am not a novice cook, so the dinner should go off without a hitch.  Gotta pick up the Turkeys tomorrow on our way home from the city.  We are going to meet some friends downtown to play.  On another note, my oldest son just got his first acceptance letter.  The University of Georgia has said, "Yes." He has a few more schools on his list and we should hear from them in the next several weeks.  To celebrate we went to see the new J.K. Rowling movie Fantastical Beast.  It lived up to it's name and was pretty fantastic.  Right now I am really loving the music group Piano Guys.  Thinking of buying tickets to their next concert, but the only problem is that they aren't playing in our city, so if I want to see them I will have to drive a few hours to see them.  Darn it!  Wonder why they aren't playing here given we are such a large city.  I love their song It's is Going be OK.  The song just makes me plain happy.  Do you have a song that does that for you?  Well, it is late and I have to get up early in the morning.  Hope you had a great weekend?  What did you do this weekend?  Are you planning on going to someones house for Thanksgiving or are you hosting dinner at your house, and if so what is your favorite side dish?  I need to make sure I have a couple of vegetarian options on my menu since we have a few guest who don't eat meat.  See you soon!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just having had the event of the open house of the Studio, I wish you a smooth and fast preparation of Thanksgiving dinner. I would put your hubby in charge of the kids, since he invited his colleagues (we'll see how he does:) - tell him your shrink-blogfriend told you :):) )
All joking aside, wish for you that you have a great and happy Thanksgiving! An thumbs up for your oldest son's the acceptance!
Su-sieee! Mac said…
Wow! Your tree gave you a humdinger of a performance. Hope you have a joyful Thanksgiving. :-)
The View from the Top of the Ladder
NCSue said…
I love the light shining through the leaves in these shots.
Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/11/cana.html
Rhonda Albom said…
That is a magnificent tree. Good luck on your Thanksgiving dinner but I don't think you'll need it. Sounds like you have a handle on it all.

Popular Posts