3 days


Three more days until we leave!  Can you believe that!  Sorry, I haven't been around much beside getting ready to leave for China I have been terribly sick and so has my family.  Last Saturday it started with a itchy throat, but I had way to much to do, so I just ignored it.  Sunday, we went to church and enjoyed the beautiful Christmas program.  That evening we had dinner with our friends Simona, Marco, their children, her father and his girlfriend Olga.  The food was divine and  the kids had a blast.  Monday rolled around and my throat while still itchy; however, I  was not going to let that stop me from doing what I needed to do.  That evening we celebrated Christmas at my neighbors house.  She is so awesome.  She made each child individual gingerbread houses and the decorated them.  Afterwards, the kids roasted Marshmallows and drank hot cocoa.  Tuesday, I knew my throat was turning into more than just a sore throat, but a mom can't let that stopping her from getting Christmas ready.  We went to church, came home ate dinner, and got the kids tucked into bed.  I wrapped Christmas presents and watched It's a Wonderful Life.  It went all downhill from there as it was all we could do to open our present.  We somehow got through Christmas dinner, but one by one we all went to bed early.  Even Nana was sick and went home.  I woke up at 5 in the morning with the stomach flu and spent the day in bed.  Then just as I thought I was getting a little better I woke up with pink eye and my cough was now uncontrollable.  So yesterday, I went to the ER and came home with a truckload of medicine that promises to get me better before we go to China.  Let's Pray and cross my fingers.  Avery's suitcase is packed, now I just need to pack mine.  3 more day!  I can't believe that a week from tomorrow, I will have Miss Avery in my arms!

Comments

tinajo said…
Sorry you´ve been sick - but exciting times ahead! I think 2014 will be a great year for you and your family! :-)

http://tinajoathome.com/
Shauna said…
Oh Kelleyn, so sorry to hear this. But, sounds like you're already on the mend, thank goodness. I can't wait for all of you to get your baby girl. We are all excited for you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Love,
Shauna xoxoxoxo
dawn said…
Get well fast. 3 more days woohoo . So very happy for you
I hope you are able to blog because seeing your daughter in your arms would be fabulous.
Theresa said…
Blessings on your very special journey!!
Unknown said…
I hope you're feeling better, Sososo happy your girl will soon be in your arms, Can't wait to see her with her mama! Best wishes and lots of prayers for a safe, and wonderful trip!!

Popular Posts