What I Have Been Watching










Hello! I have had plenty of time to watch TV.  When I am sitting in the car waiting to pick up one of the children, I tend to stream a show.  I need to get another hobby because it seems pathetic that I had this much time to watch TV.  Now that the gang is older, they do not demand as much time from me as they used to. Anyway, let's start with Masters of the Air. This is a WWII show based loosely on the real pilots who fought against the Nazis as fighter pilots. The show was heavy on the flying scenes, but without the scenes, one could not understand almost how futile it is to fight a war by air. The storyline is good. I can't remember how many episodes there are to this show, but it keeps you interested until the very last episode. I am so thankful for all the men who flew knowing they would most likely die before the war ended. Miss Scarlet and the Duke in its 4th season is a good mystery/detective show.  Set around the turn of the century, this shows the main character is a woman. It is a PBS production which is nice because you know it is going to be without the slew of swear words, violence, and sex so prevalent in so many of today's  TV or movie productions.  Belgravia storyline is set in England and revolves around fictional characters who developed the area of Belgravia in the Victorian Era.  Love and societal expectations are just a small fraction of the storyline. Then we have the movie The Last Vermeer set in post-WWII Holland a man is accused of selling a priceless Vermeer to the Nazis. This story is based on a true story. This movie, it brings to the question of what is truth and how we need to be careful not to let our own biases cloud our judgment in the search for justice and the opinions we then use to justify ourselves. Formula 1 if you had asked me years ago if I would be watching this documentary series that is filmed in real-time and that I would become invested in the drivers I would have said no way.  I love this series though.  It is so interesting to see all the behind scenes.  Even after 4 seasons, I am on the edge of my seat with each episode. Daisy Jones and the Six is based on the 70's rock scene. While fictional, the story is so good. The story is taken from the book of the same name written by Taylor Reid. The story is very entertaining.  My only critique is that I wish the music used for the production would be music that one could really listen to. The last TV series is We Were the Lucky Ones.  This is based on the true story of the Kurc family who survived the Holocaust and WWII. You know me, I like a good WWII story.  This story actually offers a slightly different perspective to the traditional stories from this era in that it showcases the fight to survive. Of all the shows featured this one was my favorite. It was very well written, cast, and produced. It draws you. Well, I can't keep my eyes open anymore and I need to get Ivy on the bus in the morning.  Stay tuned!

Comments

I watch very little TV but have to say a couple of these sound interesting

Popular Posts