Week 2 of 2024

 1/8-  I spent the morning doing laundry, reading, and doing housework after I took a long with my neighbor. I walked about 3 miles, which I am pretty proud of as my usual mileage is around 1.9.  When Ivy got home from school we went to Amy's house and she cut Ivy's hair! Ivy really needed her haircut as it was getting too long and slightly unmanageable. Then on to Costco to pick up a few items the most important being a coat for Oakley as the next few days are projected to be really cold. We picked up Addy from basketball and then went home to make dinner.  I made Udon noodles with chicken for the girls as Roman didn't want any and Frank was at work.  I also threw in the loaf of bread I had been working on all day.  I am trying my hand at sandwich bread.  I have made some before, but they always turned out so dry and were only good if you ate them right away.  This loaf was extremely soft; however, the taste was a bit strong from the sourdough.  I will keep searching.

1/9-Oh, I hate winter.  When I woke up it was pouring buckets from the sky.  Took Ivy to school and then turned around and went to the doctor. There is nothing to worry about.  Just a routine visit.  Then before heading home, I stopped at Whole Foods to get some sweet potatoes for a salad I wanted to make.  Wasted most of my day watching garbage on YouTube. I need to do a better job at not doing that as I could have been reading a book.  I did manage to get Roman's ticket booked for Ireland, so that is a good thing. 

1/10 I woke up to a beautiful sunny but cold day and the sad part is that my neighbor says it will be even colder next week.  Insert sad face with tears. The good side of this is that the freezing temps freeze the mosquitos. Roman is sick today.  I am trying to figure out what is wrong with him.  He says he has a cold, but I haven't seen any symptoms of a cold.  He says he feels tired, has low energy, and is dizzy.  I hope it isn't his heart.  I went walking again with the neighbor, but this time I picked up the pace because it was so cold.  I had to go to an IEP meeting for Ivy.  She needs some speech therapy to help with her pronunciation of some letters. It warmed up a little in the afternoon, so I took Oakley out for a second walk.  Addy has a basketball game this evening.  I hope their team does well.  There are only a couple more weeks left in the season.  

Didn't have time to write the rest of the week as it was rather busy with appointments and such.  Oakley went to her 1-year vet visit.  She is doing great and has been such a wonderful addition to our family.

Roman went to the Orthodontist and she is still trying to tweak a few front teeth.  She is hoping to finish up in the next couple of months.

I tried a couple of new recipes this week.  One was a Beef Curry Noodle dish from Half Baked Harvest and the other was a German Meat Ball Dish called Konighberger Klopse.  The second was a huge hit.  So delicious!  Addy as I mentioned had two basketball games both of which her team one.  In the first of the two games, she scored 4 points and in the second she scored two.  Then the girls went to play church Volleyball on Saturday.  I also went walking again with my neighbor.  Hoping to get out next week and use my camera a bit.  It has been a while since I went out and did photography other than capturing family events or doing photo shoots 

I also booked tickets for Avery, Ivy, and myself to go to Germany.  We will be there for about 7 weeks.  Frank has work obligations here at home.  Addy wanted to stay home because she wanted to go to basketball camp this summer.  As I mentioned, Roman is going to Ireland, but he didn't want to go to Germany.  I think he plans to work this summer.  

One last thing, I watched the Sound of Music with Avery and she loved it! I have waited a long time to share this movie with my girls. Well, it is late and I should get to bed.






                                              Winston is taking a class with Brad R. Wilcox this semester!


Comments

Dearest Kelleyn,
Busy as usual but you sure fill the days with valuable things shared with the girls and guiding them through life.
Your Königsberger Klopse are magazine worthy and your other dish also looks yummy.
Stay cozy as we're getting lots of frost during the night this coming week so you definitely have some cold coming through.
Hugs,
Mariette
Things like laundry, housework and food shopping is never ending.
Great photos
Stay warm and stay happy
VENTANA DE FOTO said…
Un día muy completo, lleno de actividades.
Un abrazo

Popular Posts