Accounting of Week One of 2024
























January 1st, 2024- I did not sleep well as I woke up in the middle of the night sick and spent until 5 a.m. throwing up. I woke up around 9, but it took me another 45 minutes before I finally made my way downstairs.  Since the girls were still asleep, I took Oakley over to our neighbor's house as they were away and fed their dog, and the two played. Afterward, I drove to Panera to pick up bread for fondue. I quickly stopped at Target to get some bananas and Crisco and then to Home Depot to pick up some denatured alcohol. Upon returning home I tried to rest, but I believe there is no rest for mothers even when their children are no longer babies. It seemed like every 5 minutes someone was coming into the room. Addy invited her friend from church over (Peyton), and the two spent the afternoon doing who knows what in her room.  I sat down with Frank and Harris while they enjoyed the fondue.  I ate a little, but my stomach still wasn't feeling 100 percent.  After eating, Avery and I watched Into The Woods on Disney Plus while Harris and Ivy worked on building a robot given to her for Christmas. We finished the day by reading the first day of scriptures for 2024. While I didn't get everything I wanted to accomplish today. I consider it a good day.  

January 2nd, 2024 Woke up to a lovely day.  After taking a shower, I tackled the laundry.  It was overflowing.  I could use two washers and dryers, but we will have fewer people at home in a few years.  The girls were a big help.  We followed the laundry with breakfast and scripture reading.  Day 2 of 365 down.  Harris, Avery, and I went on a three-mile walk.  It was perfection. Last night, I joined this group where you pick your trail and at the end of the trail, you get a real medal.  There are other people along the trail. I started out with an easier one which is Paris City. I also downloaded another fitness app, hoping to be more motivated to increase my fitness. We followed our walk up with lunch from Chick-fil-A. After having everyone here for the last three weeks, I don't want to do any more dishes. I am starting to put away the Christmas decorations. I will have Harris bring all the boxes up tomorrow from the basement.  I am ready for the house to feel less cluttered.  

January 3rd, 2024  Harris and I went on a walk through the neighborhood, and then I spent the rest of the day cleaning the house and cooking as I made a big pot of potato soup, sourdough bread, and chocolate chip cookies.  Harris is going to take one of the loaves back home with him to SFO.  Avery was a huge help in putting away the Christmas decorations.  Peyton came over again as did the neighbor girls.  We played Left Right Center, and then the girls played toss the burrito.  The girls shared with us about their vacation to NYC and skiing at Beech Mountain.  Sounds like they had a lovely time. After doing my third load of dishes for the day, I found some time to read and I started watching a new program called Redemption off of Brit Box.  It's a crime murder series.  

January 4th, 2024 I couldn't get my butt out of bed to get Ivy on the bus and ended up driving her to school.  I took Addy, Avery, and the neighbor girls home as it was my driving day.  Kind of a lazy day for me.  I just enjoyed the peace and quiet of the day.  I caught up on some laundry and watched the remaining episode of Redemption.  I picked up Roman from school at 2:00 and then took him to boxing at 4:00. We got home around 8 p.m. so our day was kind of shot.  Addy had a basketball game.  Frank attended the game with the girls.  Addy's team won.  She was so happy. Oh, I forgot that I actually spent the morning making appointments for various things, so I did actually do some.  I also did two shorter walks   

January 5th, 2024 Man it is freezing.  I got up today and took Addy to basketball practice and then drove Ivy over to her school.  Went back to bed for an hour and then went walking with my neighbor.  Walked almost 3 miles today.  Since the 1st I have walked over 10 miles, so I am pretty pleased with myself.  

January 6th, 2024. I spent most of the day chilling at home.  It was cold and grey outside and I didn't feel motivated to go for a walk.  I took Oakley to the Groomer and when I got there they said it would be about 4 hours before she would be done as there was another dog who needed to be finished up before they could start working on her.  I almost felt like I didn't know what to do with myself like when I had my son and dropped him off at a babysitter for the first time. I went home and put a chuck roast in the Dutch oven with some pepperoncini and then threw in some carrots and potatoes for the last hour.  Oh man was it so good! I haven't had pot roast in ages as Frank isn't a big fan of it.  Avery invited her friend Kelly over to play.  All in all, it was a good week.




Comments

No has comenzado bien el año. Otra persona en tu caso, se habría quedado en la cama y no se habría expuesto al frío de la calle.
Espero que ya te encuentres mejor.
Un abrazo.
Well we are one week down 51 to go, it hasn't been the best start for me as the last few days I have had what feels like a cold

Popular Posts