Cape Canaveral

Hi!  How are you?  Hope you are doing well.  Gosh isn't this weather crazy?  My children started school two hours later today because of black ice, but I know we have nothing to complain about in comparison to the rest of the country. This past weekend we were fortunate to be able to Florida.  We own a time-share and I was able to book at a different location which was Cape Canaveral.  The resort was nice and located on the beach.  The weather was kind of tricky.  On Friday evening when we arrived the weather was beautiful with temp highs of 78 degrees.  It didn't take the girls long to change into their swimsuits and run down to the pool.  On Saturday when we woke up it was nice as well.  We went out to eat breakfast at a cafe called Southern Charm.  The food was very good; however, when we came out it was pouring rain.  We did a little shopping.  I bought Roman a t-shirt.  Thankfully the sun came out again and we headed to the pool and the beach.  They didn't have a third night for us at the resort, so we moved up north to Jacksonville cutting off 2 hours of our return journey home off.  We enjoyed a lovely Valentine's dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was weird eating at a restaurant as that is something we haven't done in a long time.  Hopefully, none of us get sick.  I still need to get my second shot, but that won't be until the first of March.  On Monday, we stopped in Savannah, but I will post more of that in the next post.  I am certainly not taking for granted this mini-vacation.  It was just what we needed.  Wish Roman would have come with us, but he stayed home with my husband who had to work.  It is sad to think that this will be my last vacation with my dad.  He will be moving into a retirement facility in April.  We just aren't able to care for him anymore.  He can barely walk.  His speaking abilities are limited now, and it is hard for us to keep him safe.  Well, I am rambling here.  I need to run because it is Romans's birthday and he wants me to make him cupcakes and Japanese soup.  Tomorrow, I fly out to Arizona to celebrate my lifelong best friend's 50th birthday.  Looking forward to having some time away from the children.









Comments

Canaveral is our closest beach to visit and we make day trips there a lot...well we did! Not any traveling like that this past year but we are SO ready to drive out there. It's beautiful and I'm glad the weather was nice. What great photos and happy faces! Hugs!
William Kendall said…
A lot warmer than here!
junie-jesh said…
From your story I wouldn't have guessed this weekend was in 2021! Sad about your dad, Kelleyn. These are such agonizing decisions! Have a great time with your friend in AZ, Love the capture of your kids in their swim gear. At the end of Valentine's day we came into a severe (for Texas) weather alert, 6 inch snow, and power outages. Thye staggered the electricity to 40 min per area, so I need to hurry. Have a beautiful week, Jesh
Dearest Kelleyn,
That was an emotional journey, considering it was your Dad's final one with you and the family...
Wishing you a safe trip to Arizona and enjoy the time alone.
Hugs,
Mariette

Popular Posts