Photo Potluck and Loss



 








Spring has arrived in Georgia though we still have a few chilly days here and there.  Frank went on two business trips this past month.  The first was to Boston.  He did not take any photos on those trips as he was pretty busy with work.  He did enjoy a few appointments catching up with old friends.  The second trip with to Philly and one day before his meetings he went for a run and saw the Rocky statue. Breadmaking is back on the menu. It seems they eat it as fast as I can make it.  One afternoon before spring break the ladies at church held a baby shower for a young new woman in our congregation. We can't wait to meet her little girl. While Addy was in Florida with her choir the girls and I went to see Kung Fu Panda 4.  I fell asleep, so I can't tell you if it is good or not. The girls enjoyed the movie, so I guess that says a lot. I took a picture of our house one afternoon because sadly we had to rip out the trees because the roots had completely destroyed the grass and the roots were starting to grow down into the sewer from past experience, we know that is not a good thing.  Strawberry season has begun.  I love Southern Bell Farm.  They are a good hour's drive from where we live, but their strawberries are the best and their shortcake can't be beaten.  Many others thought the same thing because when we got there the line for the bakery items was a good thirty minutes long.  I decided the wait wasn't worth it, so I grabbed a ready cake and a bucket of strawberries and headed home. Happy Spring!


Recently, the world lost two amazing women.  



Francine left this world this past week at the age of 76.  She was a mother of 7.  She was the mother of one of my good friends from middle school and high school.  She was an amazing woman always serving those around her, and as a teen, she was like a second mother to me.  Always inviting me into her home.  She went out of her way to take me to church and other church activities even when she had young children at home and her husband was often away as he was in the Air Force.  Always cheerful and had a tremendous love for music.


Joyce passed away just a little over two weeks ago and will leave a huge legacy behind.  She was the mother of ten.  She was my seminary teacher in high school.  The sweetest woman.  She made a delicious coffee cake.  She was 87.  

I couldn't have been more blessed to have had these two women in my life.  

Comments

Dearest Kelleyn,
Lots of activities and mostly happy ones.
But the loss of people that meant so much to us, in our personal life, that is hard.
They left a forever imprint on your soul and no doubt on many more, aside from their large families.
Big hugs,
Mariette

Popular Posts