Artwork

I have always thought of myself as a pretty organized person.  My mother would even say that I have OCD, but I think over the last 22 years and 6 children later I have mellowed out some. One cannot obviously have the same ideals of cleanliness as they did in their 20s with 6 children.  I would never sleep.  There is always something that needs to be cleaned or put away.  This morning, I had every intention of wrapping up the state of my father's affairs.  I need to go down to the probate office and file his will and get a verified copy of that will in order to get the money out of the bank that is left in there which by the way isn't very much.  I know you are probably thinking, but didn't your father pass away in August?  He did!  It isn't so easy to take care of all these things if the person who passed away didn't have everything in order in the first place.  Back in September, I went to the bank to close it out, but then they told me they couldn't because Social Security had accidentally made a deposit and until then they couldn't pay me out.  They also informed me that having his will wasn't enough, but that I would have to get that will verified.  Well, one thing led to another in terms of doctor appointments, school vacations, piano lessons, karate lessons, and soccer lessons, and here I am middle of January and I still don't have it all sorted out.  I also dragged my feet out a little because I thought that he might qualify for some burial benefits from the VA, but that turned out to be a wild goose chase.  I am not sure why my stepdad who served about the same length of time as my father got benefits and my dad didn't, but it is what it is and so I just need to move forward.  As I was preparing the documents that I needed to go to the bank and the courthouse, I couldn't find what I needed.  I looked everywhere.  I eventually found what I needed, but it is now too late in the day and so I will have to go tomorrow because the girls will be home soon.  As I was cleaning I found a bunch of artwork from the kids so I took pictures of it and threw them away. and now I am going to post it here because it is taking up way too much space and over the years it is starting to get damaged.  Well, I need to run.  I am still not dressed and I haven't eaten anything all day and it is almost 2 o'clock in the afternoon.  


                                   Ivy made it in 1st grade. In the corner, she wrote I love you!


Avery made this in the 2nd grade for me on Mother's Day, 
each flower has an item she would like to do for me.


5th-grade self-portrait of Winston.


Winston 5th grade.  Attached was a piece of paper that 
said he drew about Lady Liberty which was a gift from France.


Avery 


What are all the questions about I don't know?  I liked her self-portrait of herself.


Addy 3rd grade.  titled Castle. 
 I think they were supposed to draw a scene from a book they read.


The three little pigs by Ivy, though I am not sure where the third pig is?


Ivy for both the elephant and the owl





Blue Dog by Avery working with pastels.


Reflection by Addy grade 4


Chameleon by Addy grade 4 and Northern Lights Below by Addy


 
Ivy grade 1 - I think it lost one of its arms on the way home from school.

Comments

Dearest Kelleyn,
Guess the 3rd little pigs by Ivy, is right behind the sad looking pink one!
The kids will treasure those momentos later when they have little ones of their own.
I've saved things from nieces and nephews and plan to hand them these, will be surprises.
Big hugs,
Mariette

PS found you on LinkedIn...
William Kendall said…
Wills are a complicated mess to deal with even in the best of cases.
Annsterw said…
That is wonderful that you saved all their artwork!!! Soooo cute!!!! Annster's Domain

Popular Posts