Portugal

Hello!  How are you? I hope this post finds you doing well.  It's been a couple weeks since I last posted.  I have been in Portugal for the past week and a half.  My girlfriend and I have been planning on going on a trip together for the past 5 years to celebrate our 50th birthday.   We were supposed to go to Thailand, but Thailand is still pretty much closed to tourists, so after doing some research we came up with Portugal.  What a beautiful country it is!  I couldn't speak more highly of a country.  Well, I look forward to telling you more about my vacation, but I am beat.  I flew home yesterday, my husband and children threw me a birthday party, and then we turned around today and drove to Orlando because it is fall break.  The jet lag is really setting in and so I am going to take a shower and head to bed early tonight.  Here are just a few pictures of some of the different tile patterns I found throughout the country.  The buildings are covered with these amazing tiles ranging in a variety of colors and patterns.  It really is breathtaking! Have a great weekend and let's talk again soon.








Comments

Dearest Kelleyn,
Welcome back home and you're still very young!
When we were in Portugal, I was in my early 50s... long time ago and just like you, we were impressed and would have loved to linger somewhat more at certain spots. We went by bus, only 19 people in a luxury bus from The Netherlands, via Paris into Spain and Portugal and back.
Big hugs and belated happy Birthday!!!
Mariette

Popular Posts