Movie Review


It's a hard movie to watch!  Sound of Freedom is based on the true story of Tim Ballard who quit his job as a Homeland Security Agent to pursue criminals involved in Human Trafficking more specifically children.  After being frustrated by the limitations of his job, Tim felt called to do something because in his own words, "God's children aren't for sale."  It is just heartbreaking how prevalent human trafficking is and the lack of government cooperation between governments to stop it. I love true stories, so I found this story interesting despite it being sad.  The movie isn't too graphic, so that is a plus.



Also based on a true story, Oppenheimer is about the atomic bomb and how it came to be.  I feel like this movie could have been better.  The hype didn't match the final product.  The movie failed in that it was too shallow and didn't really get deep enough into the subject matter.  I learned more from watching documentaries on YouTube.  It wasn't bad but wasn't worth the money to watch in the theater.  


Just watched this one a few days ago.  Gran Turismo is another true story that is a hit for those who love car racing.  It is a feel-good movie where the underdog gets his reward. Based on the life of Jann Mardenborough this story while predictable is well written and produced.


Where do I begin with this movie?  Barbie is not made for children. I should have done my research before heading to see this one.  I thought it was a movie for my girls and instead was slapped in the face for 2 hours on a variety of issues facing women such as gender inequality and aging.  The movie is trying to address so many points of view at one time that I left the theater totally confused.  Entertaining as it may be, I wish that the director would have stuck to just purely being entertaining for children instead of trying to push an agenda.  Calling all filmmakers, where are you going to start producing good movies again?


Comments

William Kendall said…
I saw Oppenheimer and liked it. Not interested in the others.

Popular Posts