Header

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Homemade Shrimp Taco's


I have grown up eating Mexican my whole life!  It is in my blood and my children's blood. We could eat tacos about once a week or some version of Mexican food because that is how much we love it! When I was little a taco was just a beef taco, but today it can be made out of chicken, turkey, fish, or shrimp. This Mother's Day I decided to mix it up a little and make shrimp taco's.  I am licking my lips just thinking of them.  Here is what you will need to make them.
8-10 tortillas flour or corn ( I prefer corn)
1 pound of medium size shrimp 16-20 pieces
1 lime
2 Tablespoons of  taco seasoning
sour cream
fresh lettuce or shredded cabbage
red onions
4 ounces of Queso Fresco cheese
1 teaspoon of olive oil

Before making the shrimp, you will want to get all your topping ready such as salsa, sour cream, lettuce, and cheese  Cheese needs to be crumbled in small bite size pieces with a fork.  Now it is time to cook the shrimp. In a saute pan over medium heat add olive oil and shrimp along with taco seasoning.  Cook until shrimp are done.  Shrimp are cooked when the begin to curl into a c shape. Just takes a couple of minutes.    If you are using flour tortillas I like to use these war.  If you have a gas stove you can cook each tortilla until each one just have a little color and tortilla is warm or you can place them in the oven at 300 degrees for about 5 minutes wrapped in aluminum foil.  If you choose corn like I use than you will need to cook these in oil forming a shell by folding tortilla over with a pair of tongs and removing from oil just as soon as they begin to get crispy.  Now assemble and devour!  My kids loved the change and gobbled them right down.  This recipe serves about 4 people.  Can be served with some spanish rice or a garden salad or perfectly good on their own.

2 comments:

Nuri Banu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nuri Banu said...

What an amazing post, and your writing is so magical. I've been wanting to go there for a long time and your photos and descriptions just sealed the deal.
guys trip