Cabin Fever

Seriously, don't get me wrong because I love my children, but 5 days cooped up in the house is too much. I don't know how the pioneers did it? They would probably laugh at me and say, "You have it easy! In our day there was no TV, XBOX, or DSI's." The snow was fun for about three days, but the children have lost interest in it since it is mostly ice. Today not knowing what to do with myself, I made some peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. The cool thing is that they are gluten free and dairy free. How do they taste? Well, they didn't loose anything in texture not having butter or dairy. They were a little stronger in taste, but my children loved them and they don't really like normal peanut butter cookies.
Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg beaten
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup of chocolate chips

Combine all wet ingredients then add chocolate chips. With a table spoon form into balls. Mine made 16, but the recipe says they make 24. Place on cookie sheet and with fork make a crisscrossed pattern across the top of the cookie. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool before serving.

Comments

Francesca said…
Baking (and eating the cookies) is a good way to fight off cabin fever!
Ayak said…
I get very fed up and frustrated when I'm stuck in the house for too long and think I would go mad if I still had children to occupy!

I don't like peanut butter but I'm sure when using in a recipe such as this I might well enjoy..It's so simple I think I'll give it a try.
Purple Flowers said…
I happen to love peanut butter and chocolate - separately and combined. So these cookies look like real winners to me!
Keep cozy.
soisses said…
hallo?!?!? sometimes my only one son is enough ;-) and i love him more than anything else in the world... so... don`t worry ;-)
Melly Mel said…
these look amazing. my sister makes a similar recipe.
thanks for sharing! now i'm hungry!
Leesa said…
YUM YUM!! I LOVE peanut butter cookies without flour!!! Can you send me some, please?!

Popular Posts